Symptoms of cold & flu
A runny or blocked nose, sore throat, sneezing, cough, headache and mild fever are all signs of the common cold. Flu symptoms are similar but the fever is usually higher, alternating with chills and accompanied by sweating, aches and pain and fatigue.
Why we get cold and flu ?
Many different viruses can cause colds and flu. They are passed on by inhaling infected droplets that have been sneezed or coughed into the air or by touching an area with live infection.
Infection is most likely to occur when immune function is low because of tiredness,stress, poor diet and digestion function , lack of exercise or smoking.
According to Chinese Medicine and naturopathy, susceptibility to colds can be increased by constipation and sluggish bowel function.
Treatments for cold and flu
People spend billions of dollars every year trying to fight off the misery of the common cold.
Want to try something different?
Here are natural ways to knock out a cold or flu using herbal a remedies.
1. Eat plenty of leeks and green onions. These herbs have powerful cold fighting properties.You can eat healthy vegetable soup with leeks or green onions in it. This will make you sweat , but don’t take a shower whlie you have fever. Just clean your body with wet towel and change the night clothe and sleep well.
2. Take a large clove of Garlic, peel and keep it in your mouth. Bite down every so-often to release the natural juices. Replace with a new clove every four or five hours. Your cold symptoms should be to gone in twenty four, to forty eight hours.
3. Your nose all stuffed up? Try eating some hot or spicy foods which should open up those blocked nasal passages and you won’t have the rebound effect of taking too many nose drops!
4. Not hungry? Try a few minutes of vigorous exercise. The increased oxygen demand of your body will almost certainly cause you to breathe deeper and help open-up your blocsked nasal passages naturally.
5. Chest congestion can be effectively cleared up by breathing a mixture of hot vinegar, or white wine. Breath in the vapors for a few minutes, and you should get relief!
6. Coughs and sore throats can be controlled with several home remedies. A classic requires a large lemon. Start by slowing roasting it until it just splits open. Now take up to half a teaspoon of honey with the juice from the lemon. Repeat at hourly intervals until the cough is under control.
7. Feel better with elderberry – elderberry tea to treat respiratory infections, now scientific evidence suggests that taking a standardized elderberry extract can shorten the length of time you’re sick by 50 percent.
8. Soothe a sore throat – Drink a tea made of mucilaginous herbs such as marshmallow or slippery elm, which coat the throat.
9. Stop the cough .- When you can’t quit coughing, drink hot ginger tea. Ginger stimulates circulation and helps clear your sinuses and lungs of mucus. You may also get some relief with the natural cough suppressant, bromelain, an enzyme from pineapple.
10. Breathe easier – One of the best ways to open clogged sinus and bronchial passages is to breathe warm steam to which you’ve added essential oil of eucalyptus.
Topics Covered In The Book
Water & Food:
- The 2 common water storage containers that are breeding grounds for bacteria that could kill you so you know to avoid them…
- The “two bucket” water purification method that produces 170 gallons of fresh drinking water a day (with complete plans) so you’ll have unlimited water when you need it…
- The 21 dried foods you MUST have stored to remain self-contained until the threat passes so your family can eat when grocery stores are bare…
- How to grow fresh greens, sprouts and other veggies you can eat in as little as 7 days from planting and where to get the best seeds FREE so you’ll be OK if situations last longer than expected…
Energy & Self-Sufficiency:
- How to reduce energy and heat to cook by 70% with this special pot that only costs about $17 at Wal-Mart” so your cooking fuel last 3X longer…
- Why having cash on hand is a good idea, how much and the 5 best places to hide it so you can barter if needed
- How to recharge batteries an UNLIMITED number of times just using the sun so you can power your devices forever…
- The one radio you MUST have in your house that 99.5% of all homes don’t have so you’ll know what’s going on and how to prepare.
- The old “sailor trick” to double the protection of any home in any situation, even a pandemic, so you have a HUGE advantage over everyone else…
- How to train your dog to act when strangers are near your home so you know when and how to protect yourself…
- The 7 items to keep in your car to protect you when you must travel during an outbreak…
- The formula for the ULTIMATE protection against infection, so even our youngest family members remain disease free.
- The 14 home treatments you’ll need to treat the sick if medical help is not available so you can get by until help arrives…
- The 5 essential items you MUST have to keep disease from spreading inside your own home for 14 days or longer so you can weather any stor
- One type of transportation to avoid like the plague if a major pandemic is spreading so you are never at risk of infection