Electric scooters have become very popular and electric scooter rental has been operating in San Francisco for a long time, when compared to New York City for example. Recently Lime expanded a 1000 electric scooters to its fleet to the Richmond and Sunset neighborhoods. The addition of e-scooters will make it easier to get around the city.
If you have been using rental scooters for a while then it would make more sense to actually buy one for yourself. We all know that rental electric scooters are not the best, especially in San Francisco.
What would be the best electric scooters for San Francisco hills?
San Francisco is notorious for its hills but for daily commutes the hills are not the best. Hills demand more power and slow down the speed of riding. Rental scooters have basically the same amount of power at around 250-300 watts, which helps the scooter reach a top speed of 15 mph on a flat and smooth road. But if you happen to reach a hilly area then 250 watts is not enough power for tackling hills very effectively. So for the hills of San Francisco you would need an electric scooter with more power but with a price tag that is still reasonable.
Best Electric Scooters for San Francisco Hills
1. The Emove Cruiser - 1600 Watt long range electric scooter
Now 1600 Watts is a heck of a lot more than 250 watts and helps you power over even the steepest San Francisco hills. It is one of the most complete e-scooters in the world. It has everything you need from a commuter scooter and it is the reason why it is so highly rated by customers and always seems to be out of stock.
- This Emove Cruiser is built to last for long range and can travel up to 62 miles on a single charge.
- It can also carry a maximum load capacity of about 352 lbs, which is enough for heavier adults as well.
- It has pneumatic car grade tires has no inner tubes. Meaning you no more inner tube bursting in the middle of your ride.
- The peak power output of the Cruiser is 1,600 Watts and has 20 degree hill climbing ability.
- The top speed is over 25 mph and it can accelerate to 15 mph in just 3.4 seconds.
- The Emove Cruiser also has anti-theft locking key - every key is unique to every Cruiser
- IPX6 Water Resistant Rating: The highest water resistant rated electric scooter in the world.
- Ability to fold your handlebars and fit it inside your car boot easily, carry up a quick flight of stairs.
- Fully tested in real life conditions.
- Front and rear suspension making riding on San Francisco streets very smooth.
- Many accessories for customizing your Cruiser.
- Seat option availability and more!
What do people say about the Emove Cruiser?
phil | verified buyer
I Ride 100km A Day!
This scooter is an absolute monster. I’m a 260 lbs rider, and I do nearly 100km of riding a day. I bought this scooter for food delivery. I live in Ottawa, Canada, and do delivery downtown with SkipTheDishes and Uber Eats. I needed something dependable, and a vehicle that had good mileage. I hated parking my car, and ever since I got a parking ticRead more about review stating I Ride 100km A Day!Yet, I forever told myself I would not use my car for deliveries. I bought myself an Emove Cruiser from Voro Motors and it was the best decision I’ve ever made.
It has a beautiful design, and best of all, it is built like a tank. It accelerates extremely smoothly, and I can even keep up with traffic with its amazing speed.
My scooter lasts me around 85km on one charge. I rode it to my sister’s house once (70km round trip) and still had juice left.
This scooter saved me lots of gas for my car, and continues to be a reliable means of transportation even for personal reasons, like doing errands.
2. Apollo Ghost - 2000 Watts for Powering Up 25 Degree Slopes With Ease
The Apollo Ghost is the updated version of the very popular Apollo Pro. The Apollo company have sold over 10 000 electric scooters and they know what it takes to make a great electric scooter. While most manufacturers compete to use larger batteries and more powerful motors, Apollo does not.
The Ghost isn't an evolution, it is a revolution.
- The Ghost features two powerful 800 Watt brushless motors that add up to 1600 Watt of total nominal power.
- With a top speed of 34 MPH,) it accelerates from 0 to 15 MPH in 3.1 seconds and from 0 to 25 MPH in 5.3 seconds.
- The Ghost uses the true-and-tested Dynavolt cells, famously used in electric motorcycles.
- The max range on conservative power settings in 39 miles and 14 miles on max power settings.
- Apollo Ghost features a dual spring system, ideal for San Francisco roads.
- Weighing only 64 pounds, the Apollo Ghost is the only scooter in its category to feature folding handlebars.
- The Apollo Ghost has a built-in fold and lock mechanism, allowing the stem to remain attached to the deck, even when folded.
- Ride-control features such as single/dual motor and eco/turbo switches put you in control of riding.
- Equipped with two disc brakes, Apollo Ghost stops as well as it accelerates.
- Two LED lights in the front and two in the rear and so on.
What do the customers have to say about the Apollo Ghost?
Brett H. | verified buyer
Just Ghost Um!
The Ghost is awesome! I have been riding e-scooters daily for over a year, and ofcourse i was instantly hooked! I research electric scooters pretty regularly and have been for a year prior to my Ghost! There are so many scooters on the market now so it's crucial for people to do their homework!
I chose the Ghost knowing before it arrived i had made the best choice! I could go on and on and will in more of my up and coming videos. 10 thumbs Up! Super stoked!!! Mahalo Apollo!
Have a Safe and Happy Scootering New Year! Aloha, Izah blue
3. Boosted Rev - Exceptional Usability and Amazing Specs!
Many consider the Boosted Rev to be the best e-scooter ever made. That is a bold statement, especially considering the wide range of electric scooters that have come out lately. But it could well be the best electric scooter for San Francisco hills with its amazing design, vehicle grade commuter and dual motors.
Boosted Rev is a true blend of iconic design, vehicle-grade safety, and durability. Every component has been custom-built and manufactured. It also incorporates the proprietary powertrain technology to deliver the unbeatable performance and quality many riders expect.
- 1500 watt ( 2x 750 watt) dual motors push the Boosted Rev to a top speed of 40 km/h or 25 mph.
- With a range of 22 miles the Boosted Rev can get you wherever you want to go faster than ever.
- A stable platform and three ways to brake giving you the ultimate control.
- Its intuitive design means there’s almost no learning curve.
- Boosted builds reliable products that are known for their amazing build quality.
- Climbs 25% grade San Francisco hills without breaking a sweat.
- Ride Modes: 3 ride modes help you maximize range.
- Wheels: Custom wide wheels to handle just about anything.
- Front headlight and rear brake light.
- The weight of the Boosted Rev is 46 pounds.
What do people think about the Boosted Rev?
Luuk S | verified buyer
The Rev really has some amazing performance
I started out with a cheaper escooter but it slowly fel apart. The Rev really has some amazing performance that i never felt before. The acceleration is insane, and the added brake options are some i have never seen on other models. It is a bit high on price but i know i will still be riding this in 3 years. I would like to see some accessories like a basket in the future.